The days are gone when the developers had to sit in front of the computer for hours to type the code for a tiny object. Now,…
The days are gone when the developers had to sit in front of the computer for hours to type the code for a tiny object. Now, you can simply download software into your computer and use as many functions as you want. However, the software developers still need to type the extensive code to create software but that’s not your headache.
You can now comfortably create several apps and algorithms with the help of software products that you have available on the internet. Some software products are premium and some of them are free. In today’s article, we are going to talk about the free software products that you can download from the internet to fulfill your needs.
Currently, we are only targeting the software products that can be very helpful for the developers because developers need to use the software more than anyone else. You can simply download your favorite software product from the internet and then start using it after the completion of installation process.
Here are some of the free software products that developers can download for free.
Java JDK is one of the most powerful and useful software that every developer must have on his computer because it helps in accomplishing many important tasks. Whether you are going to develop an app for the Android or looking to develop a game, the Java JDK program is going to help you a lot. Like many other products of Java, the Java JDK is also available for free and you can simply start using it right after downloading it. The beauty of this software is that it doesn’t require a lot of space.
The xammp is helpful software that works as a database and helps you test several objects that you are going to apply to your website. This software helps in running the client-side programming languages without any problem. There are many other software products that are developed for the same purpose but xammp is the most powerful and efficient software that can help in fulfilling your needs.
The blue stack is also a very powerful software that provides you access to millions of apps. You can download and analyze several apps with the help of this software so that you may design an ideal app for your project. The blue stack is a heavy software and it requires more than 3GB space on your computer. This may also reduce the speed of your computer. Therefore, you must make sure that you are using at least 4GB ram on your computer otherwise, your computer will start hanging up and you won’t be able to use the app properly. Here are some other important software products that developers can download for free.
SISContents is a tool that allows you to unpack, edit and sign Symbian 9 SIS packages (Nokia S60 3rd, 5th Edition and Sony Ericsson UIQ 3.x platforms are supported). It helps you to inspect the files contained in SIS package, to see certificates against which it was signed as well as to view the PKG script that describes the on-device installation process. You can also edit the contents of packages and sign them after that.
Main features of SISContents:
– read the contents and show information on SIS packages;
– unpack files from SIS packages;
– extract embedded components of packages as sis files (including certificates and signatures);
– view and save installation PKG script;
– sign packages, show information on certificates (validity period, issuer, subject, etc.), and delete them from package;
– edit package: modification of name, vendor, version, type of installation, supported platforms (devices), software dependencies, options is available. You can also add, replace and delete files/components containing in a package and change capabilities, UID3, SID of executables (i.e. exe, dll, ldd, etc.);
– read the contents and unpack files from N-Gage packages;
– extract and edit contents of mif files embedded in sis packages;
– view, extract images from and edit multibitmap (mbm) files embedded in sis packages;
– modify themes for S60 platform.
Compatibility: Windows XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008 Server/Windows 7
SISContents is freeware
For more information about Symbian SIS Packages. Click here.
Online games are everywhere now as there are lots of platforms that are offering different types of online games according to the standards of different people but the problem with most of the platforms is that they ask you to buy their membership before playing the games. This can be really irritating to you if you are a frequent game because some sites only have the games related to a particular category while others have their own categories. It means that you would have to buy the membership of each website if all your favorite games are available on different platforms.
Nobody would ever like to pay such a higher price for playing their desired games. In this situation, most of the people choose to sacrifice their desires while others always keep searching for some new platforms where they can find their favorite games for free. We have also found some interesting websites for you that can help in making your dreams come true.
We have collected some information about the top online websites where you can play online games for free. Here is the list of these incredible websites.
The Gamestop Corporation is the owner of this most popular free gaming website. The site was first introduced in 2007 and it has received many customers since then. There are more than 70,000 free online games available on this website and some new games are also going to become a part of this library in the future. Action, puzzle, role-playing, and shooters are the most popular categories available on this site. In fact, all types of online games are available on this website.
Ad-free gaming, beta releases, special icons, themes and private chat rooms are the most remarkable features that you can obtain after buying the premium membership. However, all the games on this site are available for free.
Friv is another popular online gaming website that was released a few years ago. The reason why it has become so popular over a short span of time is that they are focused on sharing the HD quality games on their website while there isn’t any other website that can offer the HD quality games for free. That is why Friv is the best place to play free games. You can simply create an account on this platform by submitting some important information.
In the beginning, this platform was known as the Games of Gondor. Armor Games is one of the most popular gaming platforms that offer the newly released online games for free. You can find a bunch of online games on this website to play for free. Creating an account is quite simple. All you need to do is to submit your name and the email address and you’re ready to take a start.
This step-by-step guide describes how to sign sis packages with SISContents.
In order to sign a package you need certificate, corresponding private key and password to decode the key if it is encrypted. There are two different certificate types available for end users: self-signed certificate and Symbian developer certificate. The choice what certificate to use depends on package UID and capabilities application being signed needs. By default SISContents has a self-signed certificate and private key, delivered with the application, so you don’t need to make your own one. But in case developer certificate is needed and you don’t have it, you can submit a request on OPDA forums and other portals capable to make them as holders of Publisher Id (they are issued by Symbian anyway).
The features and limits of self-signed certificate are:
The features and limits of developer certificate are:
To sign sis package with SIScontents you should do the following:
1. Run SISContents and open sis package you would like to sign (menu File->Open file)
2. Check the package UID. If it has value from protected range, developer certificate must be used for signing, regardless of capabilities. If the value is from unprotected range, the type of certificate depends on capabilities the executable files in the package require.
3. Check the capabilities of executable files in the package. For this switch to “Contents” tab and look at all files in the list. If one of the files require system capabilities (see features and limits of developer certificate), then developer certificate must be used. In case some files require AllFiles, DRM and TCB capabilities, the package cannot be signed, because neither self-signed nor developer certificate can grant them. If the package does not have any executable files, does not require any capabilities or require user grantable ones (see features and limits of self-signed certificate) and it has UID from unprotected range, self-signed certificate can be used.
4. If a package has several components (embedded package), UID and capabilities must be checked for every component. You can see all components at the list box in the top right part of the main windows of SISContents (right of the name of a package currently open).
5. In the menu press Tools->Sign package. There are two tabs in the signing dialog window: “Package” and “Key pairs”. On the package tab you can see the components of a package, the amount of signatures each component has, list box with the signing profiles and buttons “Add signature” and “Delete signature”. First you may need to add your own developer certificate to the list of signing profiles. To do this switch to “Key pairs” tab and specify the path to certificate file, its private key file, type the password for deciphering private key (if it is encrypted) and the name of the profile (in order you can distinguish added profiles). After that switch back to “Package” tab and depending on what certificate you need to sign the current package, choose the profile for signing and click “Add signature” button. If a package has several components they must be signed individually (note: the type of certificate should be determined for each component of the package according to the package UID and capabilities of that component). You must as well follow the rule: the child components are signed before their parents. After you click “Add signature” the newly added signature will appear in the list below the list of components.
6. Close the signing dialog and in the menu “File” select “Save as” to save your signed package.
For more information about Symbian SIS Packages. Click Here.
The days are gone when the developers had to sit in front of the …
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously